Socket Screws for Precision Assembly Applications
Socket Screws are most widely utilized in applications with limited space and precision tolerances. In the industrial fastener industry, they are unique and desirable in a variety of ways:
- Their internal hex recess requires no external wrenching radius, as would be required for an equivalent size hex head screw.
- Socket Screws’ high alloy material translates to fewer screws required to achieve the same clamping force as with lower strength screws; fewer screws means lighter final assemblies and reduced cost.
- The high strength alloy material ensures extreme durability and long life of the screw.
- Socket Screws are extremely corrosion resistant, thanks to their standard black oxide finish.
- They possess the tightest external thread fit class, 3A, ideal in precision assembly work demanding tight tolerances.